Saturday, August 21, 2010

Brobee Cake


Finally, my first cake! I was really nervous to do this because I have never done a cake before. You would think that going from making cupcakes to a cake would be simple but it was a little more involved than I had anticipated! My sincere thanks go to my sister and best friend for keeping an eye on my 4-month-old so that I could get this thing done.

This is a "Green Velvet" cake with cream cheese frosting (leftovers of which I am currently licking up out of the bowl, yum!). My client had asked for red velvet but I thought it would be a cute idea to make it green since Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba is big and green. I hope her son, Evan, has fun celebrating his 2nd birthday with this cake!

Since I am my toughest critic, I have to say that I definitely think I could have done better. But I won't tell you what I think I need to improve on, I'll just let you enjoy these pics (which were taken with our new Pentax!)



No comments:

Post a Comment