Friday, May 15, 2009

Baby Austin's Shower Cupcakes






Tomorrow, my co-worker Anna will be celebrating the upcoming birth of her first son, Austin! To help her celebrate with her friends and family, she asked me to make 18 chocolate cupcakes.

This was really fun for me because I got to use (for the first time) my "frosting gun" to make the pretty swirled icing. It was totally rad. Plus, this was my first time making a human figurine out of fondant (see Baby Austin with the beanie and long-sleeve onesie on?). I really liked the simplicity of the design, which I took from the bedding that Anna registered for on a website called Posh Tots. I liked its subtlety and the softness of the colors. The icing color didn't quite turn out the way that I wanted but it's still cute, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment